Here are some things I have learned about matter and energy while attending college for hvac/r.
*Matter is a substance that takes up space and has a weight
*The density of a substance tells us its mass-to-volume relationship
*An example of fossil fuel is natural gas
*There are 746 watts of electrical power in 1 horsepower
*Gas molecules travel in a downward, upward, and sideways direction
*The only new energy we get is from the sun
*The law of conservation of energy states that Energy can neither be created nor destroyed but it can be converted from one form to another
*Work is equal to force x distance
*Matter can be either be a solid, liquid,or a gas.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Some things you may not have known about window air conditioners....
- Capacity of a typical window air conditioner is usually ranges from about 4000 btu/h (1/3 ton) to 24,000 btu/h (2 tons).
- These window and wall units are made for easy installation and service.
- The most common refrigerant used in window air conditioners is R-22.
- Larger units the compressor is usually in the back of the unit making it so the unit has a tendency to fall out of the window so at least half of the unit should be extended into the room. (MANUFACTURES USUALLY PROVIDE A BRACE KIT TO FIX THIS POSSIBLE PROBLEM).
- Keep your window air conditioner clean by keeping the coils and air filters clean.